White EPDM Roofing Projects
White EPDM roofing refers to a type of roofing system that uses Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer (EPDM) membrane in a white or light-colored finish. EPDM is a synthetic rubber material that is commonly used in commercial and industrial roofing applications. The white color is achieved by adding pigments or using a white EPDM membrane, and it offers several advantages over traditional black EPDM roofing:
1. Energy Efficiency: White EPDM roofing reflects more sunlight and heat than black roofing materials. This reflective property can help reduce the cooling load on a building, potentially lowering energy costs.
2. UV Resistance: White EPDM roofing is designed to withstand exposure to ultraviolet (UV) rays from the sun. The white color helps to reflect UV radiation and prevent premature degradation of the roofing material.
3. Temperature Regulation: The reflective nature of white EPDM roofing can help maintain more stable temperatures within the building, reducing temperature fluctuations and improving occupant comfort.
4. Longevity: EPDM roofing systems, whether white or black, are known for their durability and longevity. They can last for several decades with proper maintenance.
5. Waterproofing: Like black EPDM, white EPDM roofing is highly effective at waterproofing. It forms a seamless and watertight barrier when properly installed.
It's important to note that the choice between white and black EPDM roofing should be based on factors such as climate, building design, and energy efficiency goals. Get the best EPDM roofing services on Long Island and in New York when you turn to NYC General Pro Roofing!